I love chai and I love cheesecake. Put them together and you have a winner. I found this deliciously naughty recipe in the donna hay mag from a couple of months ago and now that it’s getting into chilly autumn days i think the spices in this chai spiced cheesecake make it fit right in. Perfect for an afternoon tea in the autumn sun, or a late night treat. But be careful…they are addictive.
chai-spiced cheesecake tarts
By May 2, 2013Published:
- Yield: 8 tarts
rich and decadent spiced tarts from Donna Hay magazine
- 330 g gingernut biscuits
- 60 g almond meal
- 130 g Unsalted butter melted
- 500 g cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup Sour cream
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- 1 vanilla beans split, seeds scraped
- 1/2 tsp mixed spice
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground cinammon plus extra, for dusting
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 150 deg C.
Crush gingernuts in a mortar & pestle, then add to food processor with almond meal & process until coarsley chopped. Add butter & process to combine.
- Using the back of a spoon, press the mixture into the base & sides of 8 x 8cm round lightly greased, deep-sided & loose-bottomed tart tins. Refrigerate for 30 mins.
- To make the filling, place the cream cheese & sour cream in an electric mixer & beat for 3-4 mins or until smooth. Add the sugar, vanilla seeds, mixed spice, cinnamon & ginger & beat for 3-4 mins or until sugar is dissolved.
- Gradually add the eggs, beating well after each addition until well combined.
- Divide the mixture between the tart tins, Place on a baking tray & bake for 15-20 mins or until firm to the touch.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until cold. Dust with the extra cinnamon to serve.
- Course: Dessert